Home or Business
There are many types of roofs and each roof leak is unique. Some leaks may be visible at the roof surface level while others will go undetected by an trained eye, particularly on a leaking flat roof. A thorough assessment requires an experienced repair contractor with highly trained roofing inspectors to investigate and identify the extent and severity of damage to your roof system. Gallop is a roofing repair company with roof inspectors who know how to examine the critical areas so proper roof repairs or replacement can be performed.
Roof Repair Causes
Most roof leaks/repairs are similar in nature and are due to the same types of problems. These include:
- Blown off or missing shingles — Regardless of the material they’re made of, shingles are prone to lifting up due to high winds. Lighter materials suffer from this more than heavier ones, but even heavy asphalt shingles can peel up and blow away, leaving your underlayment and roof deck exposed to the elements.
- Bad or leaking pipe flashing — The vent pipes on your roof sit underneath your roof material. They are usually well-sealed, but corrosion of the pipe flashing or of the sealant can allow water to seep through to the interior.
- Chimney/skylight step flashing — Chimney flashing can leak if high winds pull it away from your chimney or roof, or if the sealant is compromised. Skylights are trickier to diagnose. What looks like a leak can just be condensation. However, a cracked skylight or worn seals can allow leaks to form.
- Valleys — Valleys are the little gutters that run down interior angles on your roof. Flashing can be damaged by lifting tiles, fungus build up, or improper cleaning. Since the bulk of the rainwater is going to be channeled down these valleys by the laws of gravity, it’s imperative to be sure they are not damaged.
- Ice dams — Ice dams form when melted snow refreezes on your roof. This forms walls that don’t allow other runoff to drain into your rain gutters or otherwise leave your roof.
- Low slope/inadequate roof pitch — Low slope roofs are susceptible to wind damage almost as much as flat roofs. They also often don’t provide good run-off in regions that see a lot of rain.
- Leak damage can occur for a number of reasons such as lack of maintenance, weathering, wind damage, improper design or installation, and/or flashing failures.
If you notice any of these signs, you should call a roofing specialist immediately to get the problem fixed.
Our professional inspectors provide a comprehensive evaluation of your roof at critical check-points on the roof system. You’ll receive a thorough roof inspection report complete with:
– Detailed written assessment
– Cost-effective repair or replacement solutions
– Roof repair estimate for insurance damage claim
– Gallop is ready to be your Roof Repair Contractor. Contact us today for a roof repair estimate.
With over 65 years in the roofing business we have found and corrected thousands of cases of roof damage for our clients. Please give us a call today to schedule a free consultation for your roof repair 1-800-653-9306.
Our Service Areas for Tidewater, VA Cover:
Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, Suffolk, Newport News